PUMA: Anthem RugbyPUMA South Africa were launching their new Anthem rugby boot range, and needed Mobile Media Mob to capture digital assets of the boots in action.
- Creative & Shoot Director: Jonathan Ferreira
- Photographer: Desmond Louw
- Videographer: Lloyd Metcalfe
- Wardrobe Stylist: Kaley Meyer
- Hair & Makeup: Lisa Bailey
- Photo Assistant: Ollie Kruger
- Production Assistant: Warwick Dewberry
- Video Editor: Jason Matthews
- Graphic Design: Dale Anne Scogings
- Photo Retoucher: Ashiq Johnson
- Motion Graphics: Matthew Deuse
PUMA South Africa were launching their new Anthem rugby boot range, featuring two designs – FUTURE and ONE. They wanted to introduce the gear to their social fans, and needed Mobile Media Mob to capture digital assets of the boots in action. The foot models? Professional rugby players, including Duane Vermeulen, Juarno Augustus, Aphelele Fassi and Lukhanyo Am. The four would all be in town for a training camp, and we needed to schedule the shoot accordingly.
The MMMob Approach
MMM needed to create an agile shoot, which allowed us to capture Photos, GIFs and Videos of the four players, who had schedules tighter than the frontline of a scrum. The location scouted was a high school rugby field, this choice kept costs low, and added the desired grit to the overall concept.
We had each of the players show-off their moves, paying attention to their specific positions, and training rituals. Simultaneously, we drilled some static shots. The onset MMMob called it a wrap, and the raw content was handed over to our Post-Production team, which kept the project streamlined and efficient. These clickers and tweakers, added grading and graphics to each piece of content, ensuring it would stand out on social.